Winter Storm Operations
Public Works’ mission is to improve operations every year while providing the people of New Britain great value for their tax dollars.
WINTER STORM OPERATIONS AND POLICIES
Timely information of snow removal will be published here during the winter months.
Download the 2023-2024 Snow Preparedness Brochure for winter tips, and more!
New Britain Public Works is charged with the responsibility of responding to winter snow and icing events on the over 170 miles of City streets with the goal of providing cost effective snow and ice clearing operations that will keep the city’s roadways passable during storm events, minimize the hazards caused by slippery road conditions, and help restore safe traveling conditions throughout the City as soon as possible after the end of each storm.
Click on any of the Snow Operations related topics below for more information on the City’s Snow Operations:
- Snow Routes, Operations, and Priorities
- Parking Bans
- Snow Emergency Routes
- Sidewalk Clearing
- Trash Containers
- Catch Basins and Storm Water Inlets
- Treated Salt Anti-Icing Agent
- Reduction of Sand Use
- Driveway Clearing Tips
- Other Snow Removal responsibilities of the Public Works Department
- Snow Removal by Other City Departments
- Free Winter (Treated) Sand
- Winter Driving Checklist & Tips
- Questions and Concerns during Snow and Ice Storms
Public Works Department
27 West Main Street,
New Britain, CT 06051
Tel: (860) 826-3350
Fax: (860) 826-3353