Scheduled Curbside Non-Burnable Collection
On-Call Non-Burnable Collection Instructions
On-Call Non-Burnable Curbside Collections are scheduled through the City’s Rubbish and Recycling Contractor CWPM.
The list below shows the number of Non-Burnable Curbside Collections allowed per type of residential property per Fiscal Year (July 1st – June 30th):
- Single Family Home - The property owner must call for an appointment and place up to five (5) items from the list below on the curb for the one-time annual free collection.
- Two through Six Family Properties - Service is provided to the building based on an appointment. The property owner or tenants may call to schedule collection. One-time annual free service will be provided to all units of the building on the appointment date.
Property owner or tenants must coordinate with other units to ensure that no more than five (5) items per unit, from the list below, are placed on the curb for the scheduled 1-time free collection.
- 2-family = up to 10 items
- 3-family = up to 15 items
- 4-family = up to 20 items
- 5-family = up to 25 items
- 6 family = up to 30 items
Additional On-Call Non-Burnable Curbside Collections beyond these listed are available for a fee of $50 for up to 5 items, and can be scheduled with Public Works at (860) 826-3350.
On-Call Non-Burnable Curbside Collections can be scheduled by calling
Administration, Engineering and Survey
Public Works Department
5th Floor City Hall
27 West Main Street
New Britain, CT 06051
Tel: (860) 826-3350
Fax: (860) 826-3353