Beginning in the spring of 2021, the Complete Streets Roadmap establishes our plan to bring Complete Streets city-wide. By doing so we will help reinvigorate our neighborhoods as well create safer, more attractive, and more accessible streets. We’ll also create public spaces that add interest and character to the City as well as helping improve the City’s quality of life throughout the City.
Focus areas of the Complete Street Roadmap include:
- Reinvigorating and enhancing neighborhoods
- Improving gateways into and around the City
- Using Complete Streets as a tool for further economic development
- Supporting and enhancing health and safety
- Improving bicycle and pedestrian connectivity
- Tackling the challenging issue of addressing Complete Streets needs on State of Connecticut owned roads within the City
- Adding character and interest around the City through place making efforts such as by creating pocket parks and adding more public art
- Formally incorporating Complete Streets into the annual Sidewalk and Paving Programs
- Establish SMART design criteria for the City’s various types of roads
- Identifying next steps Complete Streets capital projects
As we make progress on the Complete Streets Roadmap this webpage will be updated with relevant information. In the meantime we need your feedback!
Please help us in create our Roadmap by letting us know where improvements are need in the City by using our Complete Streets Roadmap Public Comment Tool.