Engineering & Right of Way Management
- Robert Trottier, PE, City Engineer
- Mike Caruso, City Surveyor
Based out of New Britain City Hall, Public Work’s Engineering and Right-of-Way Management Division is comprised of a staff of engineering, land surveying, construction inspection, and G.I.S. professionals. This division manages the majority of street related construction that occurs around the City as well as a number of other related task items including:
- Administration of the City’s Infrastructure Improvement related to Capital Projects.
- Management of the City’s Right-of-Way Division which includes contractor licensing and permitting for work within the City’s right-of-ways, Call-Before-You-Dig utility mark-outs services, performing field surveys and preparing mapping for Capital Projects.
- Administration of the City’s Pavement Management Program
- Administration of the City’s Sidewalk Improvement Program
- Providing construction inspection on Capital Projects
- Providing an engineering review for all Site Plan applications made through the City’s Building Department
- Administration and advancement of the City’s G.I.S. system
- Providing in-house design work for small to medium sized capital projects.
- Supporting Public Works field operations with engineering, construction administration, and survey expertise.
Click Here to download the City of New Britain Standard Specifications for Municipal Construction
New Britain, CT 06051
Fax: (860) 826-3353