Skip To Main Content

Food Truck License

July 31, 2020

Dear Vendor,

We are reaching out to interested food truck vendors in the area to welcome you into our new downtown and to invite you to apply for a vending permit. 

Last year, the City enacted an ordinance allowing for food vendors to sell products in our newly renovated Central Park. 

The ordinance allows for the operation of food trucks during the work week (Monday to Friday) from the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Any business wishing to operate a mobile food vehicle must submit an application and return it to the City Hall Health Department (Room 404). The application can be found at 

Today, New Britain is a city on the rise and making headlines with many positive changes taking shape. I firmly believe that people want to invest in cities who invest in themselves, and that is precisely what we are doing. 

Our multi-year, multi-million-dollar Streetscape Project is transforming our central business district into the most pedestrian-friendly downtown in Connecticut, tying it directly with the southern hub of CTfastrak, the region’s first bus rapid transit system. Ridership has exceeded expectations and we are experiencing many new visitors to our downtown as a result. 

Every Wednesday in the months of July thru October, there will be a CT Department of Agriculture-certified farmer’s market that will run from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. along with a host of vendors in Central Park.

The required food license is good for one year (July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.) The cost is $500.00 and food license fees range from $105.00 to $185.00 per year depending on your food establishment classification. 

If you have any questions or need assistance regarding this process, please feel free to reach out to the Department of Building and Health at (860) 826-3383. 

We have a history of supporting and encouraging small businesses in our community. We know the difficulties businesses often face when looking to establish themselves, but as vendors who participated in our successful inaugural year can attest, New Britain is a vibrant place to be. 

We hope you will take an interest in the City of New Britain and we look forward to reviewing your application!


Mayor Erin Stewart