27 West Main Street, New Britain, CT 06051
Tel: (860) 224-3155
Members of the Library Board:
Common Council Liaisons:
Alderwoman Tonilynn Collins
Alderman Don Naples
The Mission of the New Britain Public Library is to provide and to keep current the materials and services which help to address the information, education, cultural, and recreational needs of the community, in an environment that is safe, friendly and accessible.
Goals in support of this mission are to:
- Serve as a vital resource center form information by providing a broad range of materials in both traditional and newly evolving formats.
- Provide trained personnel capable of serving this culturally diverse community.
- Provide access to the resources of the Internet and to those of other institutions
- Offer programs and services, both in, and outside of the library, that enhance the mission of the library and reflect the educational, social and cultural needs of the community.
- Promote awareness of the library, its resources and services.
- Do this in a physical environment that is accessible and inviting.
- The Main branch of the New Britain Public Library is located at 20 High Street, New Britain CT. (860-224-3155)
- The Jefferson Branch is located at 140 Horse Plain Road, New Britain CT. (860-225-4700)